Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Ultimate Cheat Sheet on Happiness

In today's society many people think they have to chase after happiness to attain it. They're always looking to buy the latest gadget, the best car, or the 200 dollar pair of sunglasses they spotted their friend wearing. Some of this has to do with the way we interpret happiness. Many individuals read the declaration of independence and think that in Thomas Jefferson's day the word pursuit meant to chase after. This is not true. In Thomas Jefferson's day pursuit meant to practice. We all have the write to practice happiness there's no need to chase after what we can have right in front of us if we only practice it. With a supposedly 70 percent of Americans on prescription drugs, many of them anti depressants, this post couldn't be more relevant. However, I do know what it's liked to be depressed and anxious. I live with anxiety and depression on a day to day basis and take Zoloft to treat my depression. I continue to remind myself each day that all I have to do is practice happiness. I don't have to buy something to be happy or make me happy. I don't have to have a girlfriend to make me happy I just have to practice happiness. So readers my advice to you is that you practice happiness. You can be happy right where you are. Don't listen to the media's prescription on happiness, take it from the Dalai Lamas book, The Art of Happiness. And what does he say the purpose of life is in his famous book? Happiness. 

1. Practice happiness. 

2. Think positive. 

3. Don't dwell on the past. 

4. Seize the day.